Tuesday, July 19, 2011

SCHOOL OUT FOR SUMMER

After a very long year, the kids finally got out of school Wednesday.
The secondary school has been out for a while now but the primary
school kids just finished. On their last day they had a party that we
were invited to. The top kids in each class got recognized and were
given little gifts, they sang, and then had a feast for lunch. The
kids were excited because there was fish in their rice, and by that I
mean the whole fish. Head. Tail. The whole shabang. One of the girls
offered some to me but I politely refused. I did get to eat some nice
goat though with the teachers. I'm sad because almost all the kids
have or are about to go home for the summer. Most of them go to live
with relatives in villages or different cities just until school
starts again. I already miss all my friends. So, I will be spending a
lot of time with the babies and the few kids that remain for the rest
of my time here.

No comments:

Post a Comment